Saturday, September 10, 2011

Kindle DX Review

The Kindle DX is a large wireless eBook reader specially intended for college students. The Kindle DX is a step up from the Kindle 2 launched last year. The huge a huge 9.7 inch screen offered by the Kindle DX brings textbooks to life. Illustrations pop out and the high resolution screen provides crisp and sharp text rendering. When compared to Kindle 2, the DX does looks ginormous, but it is a great wireless eBook reader if you can compromise a little bit on portability.

One important distinguishing factor of Kindle DX when compares to its smaller sibling is its ability to view native PDF documents and other Microsoft Office documents. There is no need to email documents to Amazon to get it converted. The built in accelerometer automatically orients the screen depending upon how you hold the device. This also helps in viewing "zoomed out" PDF documents.

The Kindle DX comes with 4GB of storage which helps me carry more than 4000 books in one device! The wireless connections is sometimes flaky because of the cellular network it uses, but it is also very helpful to get subscriptions overnight.

The battery lasts on the DX for a very respectable 4 to 5 days of normal usage. What I like most about the Kindle service is that even without the DX or Kindle 2 device with me, I can buy and start reading books on my iPhone. When I am back home, I can continue reading from where I left off on the Kindle device! Technology, sure is amazing!

Please visit my blog for a very detailed Review of the Kindle DX


No comments:

Post a Comment